The Georgia Division’s Annual General Robert E. Lee’s Birthday Event
Will be celebrated at the Jefferson Davis Memorial Park in Irwinville Jan. 21, 2017
Due to changes in policy at Georgia Military College in Milledgeville, the annual Georgia Division Robert E. Lee Birthday Celebration has been moved to Jeff Davis Memorial Park in Irwinville, Georgia.
There will be a parade, a fine program, musket and artillery salutes, some refreshments, with the Executive Council meeting to follow. Chaplain-in-Chief Ray Parker is our scheduled keynote speaker.
ROBERT E. LEE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION: 9th Brigade Commander Ken Arvin and 8th Brigade Commander Charlie Parks have been assigned the duty of heading up the 2017 Robert E. Lee Birthday Celebration.
- The parade will form up no later than 10:00 AM on Saturday, 21 January, 2017 at the Irwinville Peanut and Grain Plant. This is located at the intersection of Ga. State Road 125/32 and Jeff Davis Park Road.
- The Parade will kick-off at 10:15 AM for the 1 Mile trek to the Jeff Davis Park expecting to arrive around 10:45.
- Chaplain-in-Chief Ray Parker is our scheduled keynote speaker
- Following the Service, the firing team, both Infantry and Artillery, will form up by the Jeff Davis Monument to fire Salutes.
- Following the Firing of the Salutes, there will be a time of refreshments and fellowship provided by 9th Brigade Commander Ken Arvin.
- Following the refreshments, the Georgia Division EC will meet for their scheduled meeting at either the pavilion, the museum or other such facility as deemed appropriate.
For more information:
8th Brigade Commander Charlie Parks, 229-921-7502
9th Brigade Commander Ken Arvin, 706-662-4532
N 31.664283 | W -083.387383